Assets Page Gallery View Overview
If you have a retailer account the Assets page is where you can search for all Data (product content) and Assets (files) that your Manufacturer partners make visible to you. When you first login to your account, your Assets page will be blank because no search terms or filters have been selected. Before you start searching for brands or products you should visit your Manage > Partners & Access page to verify you have partnerships active with your manufacturer partners. If you do not have any partners, you can not search for products!
How does Search work?
Once you have some partnerships setup you can search for brands and products. View the help article "How do I Search for Products and Assets?"
How many products can be displayed per page in the Gallery View?
The Gallery View displays all products that are returned based on your search results, just continue to scroll down and the page will load more products until you reach the end of the results. You do not have to click through additional pages of results.
Can I filter my Gallery View by Assets or Product Records?
Yes. The default Gallery View is by "Records". This displays the Data and Assets that have been returned by your search. You can change to an "Assets" only view by clicking the Assets option. The number next to either option reports the total number of product records or individual assets in the search results. Once you submit a search it will change to display the number of products or assets that were found as a result of your search criteria.
What are my sort options?
You can sort your results multiple ways using the "Sort by" menu:
- Date Modified (default) will sort your results to show you the most recently modified (or created).
- Date Created will sort your results to show you the most recently created.
- Date Uploaded will sort by the most recently uploaded Assets (files).
- Relevance sorts your results to show you the most relevant results based on search terms.
You can change the sort order by the most recent or the oldest date by clicking on the arrow to the left of the "Sort by" menu. This reverses the order in which the items are displayed.
Can I View Assets by a Date Range?
Yes. Click on the "Range" option and use the default options such as "Yesterday" or "Last Month" or enter a custom date range.
What is the Select All button?
You can select/deselect all the records/assets displayed on your page and then use the Gallery Actions menu or Folder Actions menu to perform bulk actions.
What is the Gallery Actions menu?
The Gallery Actions menu lets you take actions on one or more assets at once. Either manually select individual records/assets using the checkmark on the upper left corener of each record/asset or use the Select button to select all on the page (or "Deselect All" if you made a mistake in your selections). Then select an action to perform in the Gallery Actions menu:
- Add to Folder: Adds the selected assets to the active Folder panel.
- Remove from Folder: Removes the selected assets from the active Folder panel.
What is the Folder Actions menu?
The Folder Actions menu lets you take actions on the records within aFolder. Actions include:
- Export: Takes you to the Export Factory where you can download assets and data.
- Open in Folder Below: Opens the Folder in the panel at the bottom of your page.
- Create ImageSet: Pushes all images, SpinSets, and MP4 video assets within a Folder to your optional Rich Media Hosting account and creates an ImageSet. This is premium functionality.
What do the asset icons do?
In your Gallery View each box represents a product which can store one or many assets along with product data. You will see one of four icons at the top of this container:
- The Select icon is a checkmark in the upper left corner. When you select this the Gallery Actions menu will become active.
- The Add to Folder icon is 2nd from the left. This will add the record to the Folder that’s selected in the Folder panel at the bottom of your screen.
- The Share icon is 3rd from the left. This will open a share overlay where you can email the asset/product record to anyone you'd like.
- The Download icon is in the upper right. This downloads a ZIP file of all the assets and a data CSV of the product (if data is available).
- You can click anywhere to view the product and asset detail page.
- You can set the Visibility (who can view and download) in the lower left corner.
- You can see a count of assets with the product record in the lower right corner.
NOTE: It's possible to add assets from one Folder to another by selecting one Folder in the Search panel and a different one in the Folder panel at the bottom of your screen and using the Add to Folder icon described above.
How do I view more asset or product details?
To view any asset in greater detail, simply click anywhere on the record to see the Product Detail View.