Assets Page Gallery View Overview
If you have a manufacturer account the Assets page is your company's home for all of your Data (product content) and Assets (files). When you first login to your account, your Assets page will display all of the assets that have been uploaded by users in your company (or it will be empty). You can search for specific products or assets using the Search By Product or Search By Asset boxes on the upper right side of the Assets page.
Can I filter my Gallery View by Assets or Product Records?
Yes. The default Gallery View is "Group Assets by Product". This displays the Data and Assets that you have uploaded and activated in your account. File names in your Data CSV will show married with your product data. You can change to an Assets only view by unchecking the checkbox. The "Results" number reports the total number of product records or individual assets in your account depending on your selection. Once you submit a Search By Product the Assets page will change to display the number of products that were found as a result of your search criteria. If you submit a Search By Asset the Assets page will change to display the number of assets that were found as a result of your search criteria.
What are my sort options?
You can sort your results multiple ways using the "Sort by" menu:
- Date Modified (default) will sort your results to show you the most recently modified (or created).
- Date Created will sort your results to show you the most recently created.
- Date Uploaded will sort by the most recently uploaded Assets (files).
- Relevance sorts your results to show you the most relevant results based on search terms.
You can change the sort order by the most recent or the oldest date by clicking on the arrow to the left of the "Sort by" menu. This reverses the order in which the items are displayed.
How many products can I display per page in the Gallery View?
The Gallery View displays all your products, just continue to scroll down and the page will load more products (there may be a slight delay as more products are loaded) until you reach the end of the results. You do not have to click through additional pages of results.
Can I View Assets by a Date Range?
Yes. Click on the "Range" option and use the default options such as "Yesterday" or "Last Month" or enter a custom date range.
What is my account's Storage Capacity?
The storage capacity reports the amount of storage that has been used as a percentage of your accounts total storage. If you have subscribed to a 10GB storage package and have used 1GB, then your storage capacity is at 10%. You can upgrade your account's storage level in the Plugin Store.
What is the Select All button?
You can select/deselect all the records/assets displayed on your page and then use the Gallery Actions menu or Folder Actions menu to perform bulk actions.
What is the Gallery Actions menu?
The Gallery Actions menu lets you take actions on one or more assets at once. Either manually select individual records/assets using the checkmark on the upper left corener of each record/asset or use the Select button to select all on the page (or "Deselect All" if you made a mistake in your selections). Then select an action to perform in the Gallery Actions menu:
- Add to Folder: Adds the selected assets to the active Folder panel.
- Remove from Folder: Removes the selected assets from the active Folder panel.
- Delete: Deletes the assets and data forever.
- Set Visibility: Set who can view and download the asset or product.
What is the Folder Actions menu?
The Folder Actions menu lets you take actions on the records within a Folder. Actions include:
- Export: Takes you to the Export Factory where you can download assets and data.
- Share: Share the Folder with users by their email address.
- Open in Folder Below: Opens the Folder in the panel at the bottom of your page.
- Delete: Provides the option to delete just the Folder or the Folder and the assets within the Folder. This is a permanent decision.
- Create ImageSet: Pushes all images, SpinSets, and MP4 video assets within a Folder to your optional Rich Media Hosting account and creates an ImageSet. This is optional premium functionality.
What is Visibility?
By default all products (assets + data) are set to Visibility "My Company" which means that all products can be viewed and downloaded by anyone within your company. At any time you can change the Visibility to one of these options (some options require a Premium Plugin):
- My Company (All Employees): This is the default state. All users within your company can view and download.
- Private (Just Me): This restricts view and download privileges to just yourself. No other coworkers or partners can view and download. Turn this Premium Plugin on by visiting the Plugin Store.
- Specific User(s): This restricts view and download privileges to the user within your company that you select. No other coworkers or partners can view and download. Turn on the Advanced Visibility Plugin by visiting the Plugin Store.
- My Partners (All Partners): This allows all of your partners to view and download the product. Manufacturer accounts grant partnership to retailers on the Manage Partners & Access page.
- Specific Partner(s): This allows you to select one or more partners that can view and download the product. Other partners will not be able to view and download that product. Turn on the Advanced Visibility Plugin by visiting the Plugin Store.
- Public (Shotfarm Community): This allows all retailer accounts to view and download the product regardless of their partnership status. Other manufacturers can not view or download another manufacturer's products.
How do I change asset or product Visibility?
On your Assets page Gallery View either manually select the assets using the checkmark in the upper left corner of each product, or use the Select All button which selects all assets/products on your page. Then click the Gallery Actions menu and set the Visibility for the selected records/assets. Changing Visibility on large numbers of products may take a long time.
What do the asset icons do?
In your Gallery View each box represents a product which can store one or many assets along with product data. You will see one of four icons at the top of this container:
- The Select icon is a checkmark in the upper left corner. When you select this the Gallery Actions menu will become active.
- The Add to Folder icon is 2nd from the left. This will add the record to the Folder that’s selected in the Folder panel at the bottom of your screen.
- The Share icon is 3rd from the left. This will open a share overlay where you can email the asset/product record to anyone you'd like.
- The Download icon is in the upper right. This downloads a ZIP file of all the assets and a data CSV of the product (if data is available).
- You can click anywhere to view the product and asset detail page.
- You can set the Visibility (who can view and download) in the lower left corner.
- You can see a count of assets with the product record in the lower right corner.
NOTE: It's possible to add assets from one Folder to another by selecting one Folder in the Search panel and a different one in the Folder panel at the bottom of your screen and using the Add to Folder icon described above.
How do I view more asset or product details?
To view any asset in greater detail, simply click anywhere on the record to see the Product Detail View.